Walkers Pet HoTail Pet Care Center has held free puppy parties for dogs under 2 years old almost every month since we opened. (We held special events in October and December!)
COVID has disrupted the lives of many people and their pet.
Walkers had cancelled our Puppy Parties (for dogs under 2 years old) out of an abundance of caution due to COVID, but we are bringing them back in a manner that will adhere to CDC Guidelines for COVID safety.
Here are the rules:
- Only a limited number of dogs and people will be allowed to attend to permit social distancing
- We will NO LONGER accept walk-ins
- You must call in advance to make a reservation for your pup
- You must let us know in advance how many people will attend
- Walkers must receive all vet records in advance of the party
- Masks are required for all Humans entering the building
- Leashes are required for all Dogs entering the building (Unruly humans may also be leashed!)
These parties help puppies socialize and build positive experiences with new friends (both human and K9) helping them learn appropriate ways to behave.
Puppy playgroups are organized by size – so little pups aren’t overwhelmed by big ones. All Puppy Parties are supervised by our staff.
Puppy parties are held “Rain or Shine” – outside in our fenced in play yards or inside if the weather doesn’t cooperate!
We encourage everyone, especially parents of children who are thinking about getting a new puppy, to ask questions about what they see. This will help them learn about the many varieties of dogs as well as the many the responsibilities of helping a puppy grow up to be a good dog.
Puppy parties are still FREE for anyone to attend. Call Walkers at (724) 327-PAWS in advance to let us know if you are planning to attend – An RSVP is now required.